Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Central Park Safari

So to put all your lovely hearts at ease, I have, indeed, been wonderful in these past weeks - no cause for alarm! I've always said I will happily contribute to this blog when #1: I have the time, and #2: I actually have something to say! It's good for me to not lose sight of the fact that I want always to have a fulfilling life outside of my singing (and blogging and photo-taking), so I've been reveling in the beautiful spring weather, in getting some time with my friends and family, and getting lots of soul-feeding socializing in this lovely thing they call "free time"! (I had almost forgotten what that was!!!) But things are gearing back up, and that means crawling back out from the woodwork!

To warm things up, I spent a lovely few hours in Central Park on the most beautiful of May days, and found myself imaging I was back on Safari - hey, a girl can dream, right? Wild birds and cats abounded:

Central Park Safari

Central Park Safari

Cheers!

3 comments:

Louisa said...

Gorgeous photos. May I just say, if I could take my cat to Central Park on a leash, I would do so in a HOT MINUTE!

Ann said...

Welcome back and glad you're well!

These are great shots!

Sarah said...

I hope you were able to see lots of family when you were in Kansas. As it's now time for me to start doing wild and crazy things, I flew to Wichita to see "Barber". So much fun!! Incredible that their opera company is only 7 years old! Was that your hubby I saw making his way backstage aferwards? I unfortunately missed the first half of La Clemenza di Tito in Chicago (weather) on the way back, but that's what happens when you live on the edge.