Monday, January 7, 2008

Gratitude - Day 50

I'm grateful for hard workers. We snuck into part of the final orchestra rehearsal for Aida which opens here on the 9th, and I shot this candid photo while the 2 cellists worked together a bit after the proper rehearsal was finished. I loved the site of the empty pit, no overtime being paid, no one waving a baton, and musicians just working to make it better - simply for the sake of making it better. I know this goes on in many orchestras (not all - but many!) but I still love to witness it - it brings me a feeling of solidarity with the folks in the pit. Graçias, Amigos! (And for the record, it's like Christmas all over again to hear Dolora Z in this role!!!)

4 comments:

Parsifal said...

When Dolora is singing Amneris it'a always Christmas...

Yankeediva said...

You can say that again! I'm SUCH a fan!

Josiah said...

So, Ms. Di Donato, do YOU hope to sing Amneris at some point? I would covet the opportunity to hear that role some day!

Yankeediva said...

Well, actually, Josiah - I can't say that I can imagine that happening! I would much prefer to listen to Dolora's version than what could possibly come out of my vocal cords trying to sing that rep!!! CHEERS!