Sunday, January 13, 2008

Gratitude - on hold...

...only until I get better. Wish I knew what has decided to take up a most unwelcome residence in my chest cavity, but I can't quite get a hold of it! However, it means the only interesting photo I'd be able to snap while homebound today would be of my cup of hot tea - which I tried to actually capture in some interesting, meaningful way, but it was not cooperating! So - I continue to rest, for I'd love to be able to sing 100% tomorrow night for the ticket-buyers, as well as some dear friends who are travelling here to see the show!

Come on meds - DO YOUR JOB!!! (Most sadly, I'm even missing Rolando's recital here in Barcelona because of this stupid thing! I wish him EVERY success tonight - I know the entire theater will be cheering him on.)

I HAVE been able to finally finish my copy of "Cold Sassy Tree" (along with the last of my kleenex - what a tear jerker!), and to catch up on loads of translating - so those are other possible subjects for photos, but it's just not in me today!

Off for another steaming cup o' tea!

Cheers!

19 comments:

Brian said...

here's to healing!

ACB said...

Oh goodness! Don't work too hard, give yourself plenty of nap time and drink lots of that tea...

I'm grateful for you!!

[Lilith] said...

I've missed Rolando Villazón's recital too. No more tickets. Sigh.

But you can ask him to sing for you anytime, so in your case it's not that terrible lol

I guess that pic of the tea cup looked great, it's just that you are too perfectionist. By the way, I simply love all the pictures you take. You're such a complete artist! :D

Sending healing kisses ^^

nick said...

I'm sending you all good vibes for good health! Everyone is sick here, too...

Feel better soon!

[Lilith] said...

Just in case you haven't seen it already:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jYyTvZyH3ko

So GREAT! :D

Getting better?

Gi said...

Best wishes for a swift recovery.

Melear said...

Yo! Get better!

Larissa said...

Hope you are on the mend.

Operafan said...

Hope you made it last night!! Bonne santé +++

Rosenkavalier said...

Hope you get better very soon!

[Lilith] said...

Oh, my, I can't believe you're still ill!

Get better soon! We miss you! =)

Operafan said...

We miss you, when will you be back??? Cheers!

Ann said...

I hope you're feeling better now! There's a 'plague' going on around here!

Rachel Budde said...

Hope you're feeling better soon!!

Yankeediva said...

THANK YOU everyone, for all your kind, fabulous good wishes! I am definitely feeling better, if not 100% quite yet, and do have to get back on a plane tomorrow, so I'll keep the vitamins flowing. BUT I will be back blogging, posting and 'gratifying' asap!

CHEERS! (and again, thank you!)

[Lilith] said...

Yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay! :D

Off for Chicago? If only I could see your Rosina! Sigh. Well, I'm happy your back.

Kisses ^^

Rachel Budde said...

We're thrilled to have you here in Chicago! It's freezing, though, and snowing a little at the moment. Very different, I imagine, from the weather in Barcelona.

I've got an audition on Monday- they need female supers for Barber (I've supered a couple of times- I'm a college student, and think it's such a fantastic experience) so I'm crossing my fingers. It would be such a pleasure to share the stage with you. But, even if it doesn't work out, I'll be thrilled to see your Rosina. What a fantastic cast!

Glad you're feeling better and hopefully your health will withstand the plane ride. :)

turandot82 said...

I can't wait to see your Rosina here in Chicago! Please write of your experiances here, I'd love to know what you did and enjoyed while here. You've been my favorite mezzo since seeing you in "Barbiere" in last year's Met broadcast. Be sure to try our deep dish pizza ;)

Ill be rooting for you in the upper balcony.
I hope you feel better soon. I swear by fresh oregano tea with honey for respitory and throat illnesses. (Mom knows best...)

Take care,

Julio in Chicago
turandot82@gmail.com

Ordás said...

I just want to thank you because of your kindness in Barcelona. We were waiting until the very end when you were signing all those photos, and you were so nice after the representation... We were really amazed of your voice.
Thank you once again.
I hope see you (and hear you, of course) again in Spain.