Wednesday, April 9, 2008

"For one shining moment...THIS is your moment..."

I would just like to call to the world's attention, or at least to the select, loyal readers out there, that not ONLY are the Kansas University Jayhawks the NATIONAL CHAMPIONS of the NCAA College Basketball World, BUT, (perhaps you'd like to sit down for this? Yes, please steady yourself...) the Kansas City Royals are sitting at the top of the American League Central Division Standings with their 6-2 record INCLUDING 2 wins over those evil Yankees from NYC. I think the last time we were on top was 1951? Or at least it feels like it. I'm one happy fan! Watch out, Boston!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

...We soccer-crazed Europeans probably aren't able to properly appreciate the magnitude of an NCAA win, but ever since I (completely unsuspecting!) was in NC Chapel Hill for the 2005 finals and witnessed the empty streets turn into a wild parade within nanoseconds of the Tar Heels victory, I may have gained an inkling...
-- Congrats, Jayhawks, by all means! I hope parts of Kansas City are still standing this week... ;-)

Susan said...

Uh oh. I think we have a problem... did I mention that my son ALEX is named after a certain Yankee? (Don't tell the grandparents - they all think he's named after someone else!) So 'Yankeediva' has nothing to do with pinstripes... :)

Yankeediva said...

Susan - while I do have a solid distaste for the Yankees (which stems from the days of Craig Nettles, Reggie (I can hardly type his name) Jackson, et al), I CAN admire their talent. Barely, but I can!! It just goes back to one too many heartbreaking games in the late 70's and 80's!!! But there is no denying your son's namesake's beautiful eyes - that's for sure!