Friday, November 23, 2007


In honor of all the left over turkey breast today, here is a fascinating, almost surreal video wherein some of the Grand Italian Divas offer their opinions on the use (or non-use) of the chest voice. Fascinating on so many levels! ENJOY!


Maury D'annato said...

Surreal, indeed. I'm curious who the last singer interviewed is, the one who demonstrates "amami, Alfredo."

Yankeediva said...

Maury, I think it may be Carla Gavazzi, but don't quote me on that. Even though I just wrote that for all the world to see, still don't quote me. Surely someone out there could confirm or deny?

Oliver said...

I cannot profess to have heard of her, but the following page purports to support Yankeediva's view:

She certainly seemed the most interesting (and sane?!) person interviewed.

Was it just me or did Zucker come across as a little bit of a self-absorbed. And I don't take delight in him 'insulting' these people behind there backs.

I would suggest his interview technique and style was a little odd as well.

But certainly an interesting clip.

(And sorry this expnaded from just a simple: Yes, answer!)