Thursday, March 13, 2008

Gratitude - Day 86


I'm grateful for Richard Stilwell, the extraordinaire. We met in the summer of 2006 during the production of "Cendrillon", and the chemistry of the father and daughter relationship in the story was immediate and quickly took flight off stage as well. "Cendrillon" was the last show my father saw me perform, and somehow it was more than fitting that I was able to introduce the two of them after the show that night; it goes without saying the both took to each other immediately, as well. He has not only been a gift to the opera world, but is now a tremendous asset to students as a wonderful, supportive teacher as well - but to me, he is a tremendous presence in my life, and the word "gratitude" hardly does justice to how lucky we are all to have him in the world!

1 comment:

Rachel Budde said...

Richard is WONDERFUL. He teaches at my school and we've all got nothing but good to say about him here. Truly an asset to our school and to the singing community on the whole. Love him.