Sunday, April 27, 2008

Gratitude - Day 106

I'm grateful for technology that enhances the beauty of this world. I've spent a fair amount of time with these little devices over the years, particularly in the past week here in Brussels, as these collectors of sound have been picking up all the sounds and colors and words and textures that we have been creating. I know it's not THAT complicated of a device, but it still boggles my mind that a veritable tangle of metal and wires can capture a wave of sound from instrumentalists and myself, and later it can crash into "your" living rooms, car stereos and ipods. Amazing!

1 comment:

Susan said...

Ah you've done it to me again! First I thought, "Telescope?" and then, "No, bicycle!" and then I read what you wrote. I think that sometimes too! It's amazing we can record things to listen to later without having to know all the science behind it. And I'm grateful that my son still thinks there are people inside the radio and tv making the sounds. I've never opened the back of the tv so who knows, maybe he's right. ;)