Friday, July 11, 2008

Gratitude - Day 135

I'm grateful for unexpected reminders that life is BEAUTIFUL, and that we must never stop living in the NOW.

I was enjoying amazing weather (and breathtaking light) in front of the Royal Palace here in Madrid, just snapping the random photo here and there, when these two angelic creatures bounded in front of me (a total stranger) and begged me to take their photo - no barriers, no fear, no wall - just an unfettered love of life! I got the impression they were the best of friends, not siblings, and it brought back a RUSH of childhood memories - and I was left really touched by these two open, shining faces. I shot about 5 frames, and they were off - they had life to live, after all!!!

In an instant, as is always the case in life, our encounter was over.

Beautiful! I wish them both a simply spectacular future.

6 comments:

Mei said...

You're right about the ligth of Madrid. Right now I'm remembering a recent May evening... This is one of the things I love most about Madrid...

Some people call this light velazquezian because is the light of his paintings...

It never mind the season, Madrid's light always impresses me...

Operafan said...

That's because you are conveying so much love for life that these sweet kids stopped by you!! Kids are so sensitive and spontaneous, it's amazing... Great shot! I hope the rehearsals go well, the season here is over, I am browsing through my CDs and revising my classics!! All the best :-))

Unknown said...

Love your blog. Look forward to hearing and seeing you on stage soon.

Anonymous said...

Hola Joyce,

Is it me or on your website there is no really a list of roles you've been singing so far?


Just saw a few vids on YouTube of you singing in Stuarda. I did NOT know you sang that too. You were fab as ever.

Now your bloggers are back to being pushy: what about a belcanto album? ;-)


Cheers!

Yankeediva said...

Mei - the light! I know - it's heavenly.
Operafan - you are truly too kind!
Anne - thank you, and welcome!
And Dolcevita - I actually don't have a list on the website - I suppose it brings an element of surprise when you happen onto something like the Queen! ;-)

CHEERS...

Carlos said...

Hi Joyce,

I am glad you are now in Madrid, Spain. I hope you enjoy the city.

My spies told me that this afternoon you were with J.M. Zapata at a cafeteria near the Teatro Real ;)

All the best for this Idomeneo.

Carlos