Monday, July 14, 2008

Gratitude - Day 136 (or, "Monday in the Park with Me")

I was minding my own business taking in the AMAZING light (once again) here in Madrid, and as the sunset was unfolding in front of me, I turned around just to see what was happening behind me (a tip from some admired photographer friends of mine: be sure to look behind instead of exclusively in front of you, to catch the unexpected) and lo and behold, this shot jumped out at me. It's only now that I look at it enlarged a bit to notice that it reminds me of that famous Seurat painting that I loved seeing recently at the Chicago Art Institute- minus the hats and parasols, obviously. Kind of makes me want to break out into song.

Life in Madrid - colorful, beautiful, and definitely not dull, and definitely a thing to be grateful for!

PS - you can click on the photo to see it in in larger format...

4 comments:

Mei said...

Ah, A Sunday Afternoon on the Island of La Grande Jatte...

You should try to increase the sensitivity of the image sensor, the ISO settings, this produces grainy shots, closer to the pointillism of Seurat...

Vissi d'arte said...

Oh my God it's true!!! It looks a lot like Seurat's masterpiece! By the way, I hope you visit us in the Prado Museum, where I happen to work... I'm sure you will love it, and of course you're invited :-)

Joyce, I love the way you talk about my city, which I really adore. You seem to find the beauty in every little moment, and that's one of the things that make you a really special person. We must definitely be grateful for having you here :-)

P.S. Three days left to hear you!

[Lilith] said...

Wah, all that people and nobody asked for an autograph? ;)

Shame you didn't start singing. Or maybe you did... sotto voce? lol

Maybe you could come to Ibiza someday. Everybody speaks English (ok, mostly they make themselves understood in Spanglish) and there are lots of beautiful beaches and Nature around I'd love for you to take pics of! Too much people in the city, but not if you know the right places.

If you ever feel like visiting Ibiza, I could be your guide (no dust like in Cenerentola, don't worry. I'd be really careful about that lol).

Oodles of love,

Irene.

Sarah B. Roberts said...

And wouldn't you be just a lovely "Dot"!